- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 4 ounces lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 4 ounce can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
- 4 French-style rolls or hoagie buns, split lengthwise
1. In a large skillet, cook meat, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
2. Meanwhile, in a 1 1/2-quart slow cooker, combine ketchup, mushrooms, olives (if desired), and Italian seasoning. Stir in meat mixture.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting* for 4 to 5 hours.
4. To serve, place half of the cheese evenly on roll bottoms. Spoon meat mixture over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and roll tops.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 484,
- Fat, total (g) 27,
- chol. (mg) 74,
- sat. fat (g) 10,
- carb. (g) 39,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 23,
- sodium (mg) 1648,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet