Italian Sausage Heros
ounces bulk Italian sausage
ounces lean ground beef
cup chopped onion (1 medium)
4 ounce can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
cup sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
French-style rolls or hoagie buns, split lengthwise
- In a large skillet, cook meat, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, in a 1 1/2-quart slow cooker, combine ketchup, mushrooms, olives (if desired), and Italian seasoning. Stir in meat mixture.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting* for 4 to 5 hours.
- To serve, place half of the cheese evenly on roll bottoms. Spoon meat mixture over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and roll tops.
Nutrition Facts(Italian Sausage Heros)
- Per serving:
- 484 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 74 mg chol.,
- 1648 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet