- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 8 hrs to 10 hrs (low) or 4 to 5 hours (high)
Italian Pork with Sweet Potatoes
teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
Italian (flat-leaf) parsley sprigs (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine fennel seeds, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper. Trim fat from meat. Sprinkle fennel seed mixture evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Place sweet potatoes in cooker. Add meat. Pour broth over meat mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker, reserving cooking juices. Slice or shred meat. Serve meat with sweet potatoes. If desired, garnish with sprigs of parsley.
Nutrition Facts (Italian Pork with Sweet Potatoes)
- Per serving:
- 341 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 110 mg chol.,
- 490 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet