Hot Dogs and Texas Tomato Chutney
cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
cloves garlic, minced, or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
tablespoons honey mustard
tablespoons snipped fresh marjoram, oregano, or parsley
teaspoon packed brown sugar
teaspoon ground black pepper
large hot dogs (about 1 lb. total)
cup seedless red grapes, halved or quartered
hot dog buns, split and toasted
- Fold 36x18-inch heavy foil in half to 18 inches square. In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups of the tomatoes, the onion, garlic, mustard, marjoram, water, salt, brown sugar, and pepper. Place mixture in center of foil. Bring up two opposite edges of foil; seal with double fold. Fold remaining edges to enclose mixture, leaving space for steam to build.
- Place foil packet on grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill for 10 minutes; turn packet. Grill about 10 minutes more or until onion is tender. Carefully open packet.
- Preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place foil packet on grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill as above.
- Meanwhile, place hot dogs on grill rack around foil packet; grill for 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through, turning occasionally. Remove hot dogs from grill.
- Stir remaining 1 cup tomato halves and the grapes into hot chutney mixture. Place hot dogs in toasted buns; serve Texas Tomato Chutney with the hot dogs. Makes 6 servings.
For Texas Tomato Chutney:
For a charcoal grill:
For a gas grill:
Nutrition Facts(Hot Dogs and Texas Tomato Chutney)
- Per serving:
- 567 kcal cal.,
- 39 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 18 g monounsatured fat),
- 64 mg chol.,
- 1840 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet