- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Slow Cook: 8 hrs to 9 hrs (low) or 4 to 4-1/2 hours (high)
pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
teaspoons ground cumin
tablespoon cooking oil
Slow cooker liner
15 ounce can navy beans, rinsed and drained
15 1/2 ounce can hominy, rinsed and drained
16 ounce jar tequila-lime salsa
Lime wedges (optional)
- Trim fat from meat; cut meat into 1-inch pieces. In a medium bowl toss meat with cumin. In a large skillet brown pork, half at a time, in hot oil; drain off fat.
- Line a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with slow cooker liner. In the cooker combine pork, navy beans, and hominy. In a large bowl combine salsa and the water. Pour over pork mixture.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Hominy-Pork Stew)
- Per serving:
- 557 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 151 mg chol.,
- 1186 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 52 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet