Herbed Apricot Pork Loin Roast
3 pound boneless pork top loin roast (double loin, tied)
Salt and ground black pepper
10 ounce jar apricot spreadable fruit
cup finely chopped onion
tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
teaspoon snipped fresh sage
teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
teaspoon ground black pepper
Fresh apricots (optional)
Fresh thyme, sage, and/or rosemary (optional)
- Season pork roast well with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, combine spreadable fruit, onion, mustard, brandy, lemon peel, rosemary, sage, thyme, and pepper.
- Place roast in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Pour fruit mixture over roast.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove roast from cooker. Cover loosely with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the water and cornstarch; carefully stir in liquid from slow cooker. Cook and stir sauce until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Serve sauce with pork. If desired, garnish with fresh apricots and herbs.
Nutrition Facts(Herbed Apricot Pork Loin Roast)
- Per serving:
- 314 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 107 mg chol.,
- 247 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 15 g sugar,
- 38 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet