5 pound cooked ham (rump half or shank portion)
whole cloves (optional)
recipe Orange Glaze, Chutney Glaze, or Raspberry-Chipotle Glaze
- Score ham by making diagonal cuts in a diamond pattern. If desired, stud ham with cloves. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert an oven-going meat thermometer into center of ham. The thermometer should not touch the bone. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 hours or until thermometer registers 140 degrees F. Brush ham with some of the desired glaze during the last 20 minutes of baking. Serve with remaining glaze.
- Makes 16 to 20 servings.
teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
cup orange juice
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoons dry mustard
- In a medium saucepan combine orange peel, orange juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, and dry mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Makes 1-1/4 cups glaze.
9 ounce jar mango chutney
cup maple syrup
teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- In a food processor or blender combine mango chutney, maple syrup, and mustard. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Makes about 1-1/4 cups glaze.
cups seedless raspberry preserves
canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, drained and chopped
cloves garlic, minced
- In a medium saucepan combine raspberry preserves, vinegar, chipotle peppers and garlic. Cook and stir just until boiling. Reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes more. Makes 1-1/2 cups glaze.
Nutrition Facts(Glazed Ham)
- Per serving:
- 166 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 47 mg chol.,
- 1078 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 8 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet