Country Sausage with Red-Eye Gravy
- In a medium bowl combine the pork, croutons, onion, garlic, the 1 teaspoon brown sugar, sage, salt, thyme, and cayenne. Mix thoroughly. Gently mix in cherries. Shape mixture into twelve 3-inch patties, using wet hands, if necessary. Arrange on a tray. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- In a large skillet fry patties, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through (160 degrees F). Remove from heat; keep warm.
- For the Red-Eye Gravy, stir the 2 tablespoons brown sugar into the drippings in skillet. Stir in the coffee. Bring to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until gravy is slightly thickened and a rich reddish brown, scraping the skillet to loosen any crusty bits.
- Split biscuits. Serve sausage patties in split biscuits with gravy.
Nutrition Facts (Country Sausage with Red-Eye Gravy)
- Per serving:
- 92 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 18 mg chol.,
- 171 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 6 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet