Chutney Glazed Ham with Roasted Asparagus
3 pound boneless cooked ham
9 ounce jar mango chutney (3/4 cup)
tablespoon stone-ground mustard
pounds fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
tablespoons olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper
Fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert an oven-going meat thermometer into center of ham. Roast, uncovered, for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, in a small bowl stir together the chutney, honey, and mustard. Using kitchen scissors, snip any large pieces of fruit in the mixture.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the glaze over the ham. Roast, uncovered, for 15 minutes more or until thermometer registers 140 degrees F. Remove from oven and cover with foil. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Arrange asparagus in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; stir to coat. Roast, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once.
- Serve ham with remaining chutney mixture and asparagus. Garnish with fresh mint. Makes 8 servings (4 ounces ham per serving, plus leftovers); asparagus and glaze serve 8.
Nutrition Facts(Chutney Glazed Ham with Roasted Asparagus)
- Per serving:
- 295 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 83 mg chol.,
- 1637 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 18 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet