Upload your photo here.
Chimichurri-Stuffed Pork Loin
- Snip 2 tablespoons each of the parsley and cilantro. In small bowl combine snipped herbs with 1/2 teaspoon of the lime peel, 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1 clove of the garlic; set aside.
- Trim fat from meat. Butterfly pork loin, see below. Brush with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Spread remaining minced garlic on surface. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and remaining parsley, cilantro, and lime peel. Roll roast to original shape. Tie at 2-inch intervals with 100 percent cotton kitchen string. Spread snipped herb mixture over outside of roast. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- For charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place roast on grill rack over pan. Cover and grill 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the roast registers 150 degrees F. Add more coals as needed to maintain medium heat above drip pan. For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.)
- Remove roast from grill. Cover with foil; let stand 10 minutes (After standing, meat should be 160 degrees F.) Remove string. Slice and serve with Grilled Sweet Corn and Grilled Pineapple. Makes 4 to 6 servings plus leftover meat
From the Test Kitchen
Butterfly a Pork Loin:
Place loin on cutting board with one end toward you. Using a long sharp knife, make a lengthwise cut starting 1 inch in from the right side of loin, Cut down to about 1 inch from the bottom of loin. Turn the knife and cut to your left, as if forming a right angle, stopping when you get to about 1 inch from the opposite side of the loin,. Open roast nearly flat.
- Grill pineapple directly over coals, turning occasionally, during the last 5 to 10 minutes of grilling time.
Grilled Sweet Corn
- Brush ears of corn with melted butter. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, directly over coals, during last 20 minutes of grilling time.
Nutrition Facts (Chimichurri-Stuffed Pork Loin)
- Per serving:
- 385 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 113 mg chol.,
- 283 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet