Chili-Peanut Pork Chops with Carrot-Cucumber Salad
- In food processor or by hand chop 3/4 cup of the peanuts. In shallow dish combine chopped nuts and chili powder. Press pork chops into nut mixture to coat.
- In 12-inch skillet cook pork in hot olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side of until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine vinegar and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. With vegetable peeler, lengthwise cut carrots and cucumber in ribbons. Add to bowl. Stir in remaining peanuts and the cilantro leaves.
- Serve pork chops with carrots and cucumber mixture. Sprinkle all with additional chili powder. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chili-Peanut Pork Chops with Carrot-Cucumber Salad)
- Per serving:
- 444 kcal cal.,
- 32 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 17 g monounsatured fat),
- 52 mg chol.,
- 97 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet