Chilean-Style Hot Dog with Avocado-Chili Relish
- For Avocado-Chili Relish, in a bowl whisk together olive oil, cilantro, jalapenos, shallots, and lime juice. Gently fold in tomatoes and avocados. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Prepare frankfurters as desired.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter and garlic. Spread butter mixture on the sub rolls. Ina large frying pan or on a grill rack over medium heat, place the rolls buttered side down and toast until light golden.
- To serve, tuck frankfurters in toasted rolls and top with Avocado-Chili Relish. Serve immediately. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
When working with hot chile peppers, wear plastic gloves or wash hands well after cutting; the peppers contain oil that may burn skin and eyes.
Nutrition Facts (Chilean-Style Hot Dog with Avocado-Chili Relish)
- Per serving:
- 684 kcal cal.,
- 44 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 21 g monounsatured fat),
- 54 mg chol.,
- 1229 mg sodium,
- 59 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet