- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 pounds meaty pork loin back ribs, cut into 1- to 2-rib portions*
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium fresh mangoes, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, thyme, allspice, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, and cloves. Place ribs in a very large bowl. Add spice mixture; toss to coat ribs evenly.
2. Place the ribs, bone sides down, in a large shallow roasting pan. Bake, covered, for 1 hour. Carefully drain off fat.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions in hot oil for 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in mangoes; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in lime juice, honey, rum, soy sauce, mustard, and jerk seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer about 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove ribs from oven. Spoon some of the mango mixture over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes more or until ribs are tender. Pass remaining mango mixture with ribs. Makes 12 to 16 servings.
- For appetizer-size portions, have your butcher saw the ribs in half crosswise across the bone.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 314,
- Fat, total (g) 19,
- chol. (mg) 57,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 22,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 12,
- sodium (mg) 347,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet