- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, thyme, allspice, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, and cloves. Place ribs in a very large bowl. Add spice mixture; toss to coat ribs evenly.
- Place the ribs, bone sides down, in a large shallow roasting pan. Bake, covered, for 1 hour. Carefully drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions in hot oil for 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in mangoes; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in lime juice, honey, rum, soy sauce, mustard, and jerk seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer about 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove ribs from oven. Spoon some of the mango mixture over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes more or until ribs are tender. Pass remaining mango mixture with ribs. Makes 12 to 16 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
For appetizer-size portions, have your butcher saw the ribs in half crosswise across the bone.
Nutrition Facts (Caribbean Riblets)
- Per serving:
- 314 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 57 mg chol.,
- 347 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet