Caribbean Pork Loin with Pineapple Raisin Relish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In food processor or blender combine oregano, 1 cup cilantro, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, the lime peel, 3 Tbsp. lime juice, 2 tsp. kosher salt, the garlic, and cumin. Cover and blend or process until chopped. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a thin, steady stream until incorporated.
- With sharp knife, score surface of pork roast with small slits. Place roast in roasting pan, bone side down. Pour herb mixture over roast. Roast, uncovered 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center of roast reads 150 degrees F, spooning herb mixture over meat two or three times during roasting. Lightly tent with foil and let stand 10 minutes. Temperature will rise to 160 degrees F.
- For relish, in bowl combine pineapple, golden raisins, green onions, 1/4 cup pineapple juice, 3 Tbsp. lime juice, 2 Tbsp. cilantro, and 1/4 tsp. kosher salt.
- In large skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat. Cook tortilla wedges in hot oil for 15 to 20 seconds per side. Drain on paper towels. Wrap in foil to keep warm.
- To serve, cut meat from bone and thinly slice. Serve with tortilla wedges, relish, and garnish with lime wedges. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Caribbean Pork Loin with Pineapple Raisin Relish)
- Per serving:
- 664 kcal cal.,
- 37 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 23 g monounsatured fat),
- 76 mg chol.,
- 643 mg sodium,
- 52 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 19 g sugar,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet