- Makes: 20 servings
- Yields: 20 sliders
- Prep: 30 mins
- Slow Cook: 9 hrs to 10 hrs (low) or 4 1/2 to 5 hours (high)
Balsamic Honey Pulled Pork Sliders
2 1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
cup chopped onion (1 large)
cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 medium)
teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
cup chicken broth
cup balsamic vinegar
cup packed brown sugar
tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
clove garlic, minced
teaspoon ground black pepper
cocktail-size hamburger buns or small round dinner rolls, split and toasted
Sweet or dill pickles, coarsely chopped
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In the cooker, combine onion and sweet pepper. Add meat; sprinkle with thyme and rosemary. Pour broth over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- Meanwhile, for barbecue sauce, in a medium saucepan, combine vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, black pepper, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board. Using two forks, pull meat apart into shreds, discarding fat. Strain vegetable mixture, discarding liquid. Return shredded meat and strained vegetables to cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce. If using high-heat setting, turn to low-heat setting Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- To serve, spoon meat mixture onto bun bottoms. Top with coleslaw and pickles. Add bun tops.
Nutrition Facts (Balsamic Honey Pulled Pork Sliders)
- Per serving:
- 320 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 44 mg chol.,
- 487 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 15 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet