Baked Ham with Mustard-Plum Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Place ham on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- For sauce, in small saucepan stir together jam, pomegranate juice, and ground cloves. Heat over low until melted and combined. Spoon half of the sauce over ham. Tent with foil. Roast for 1 to 1-1/2 hours more or until internal temperature of ham is 140 degrees F. Remove and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir mustard into remaining sauce and heat through.
- For leeks, trim root ends and tough green tops. Halve leeks lengthwise. Remove and discard tough outer layers. Rinse well. Arrange leek halves in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Add 2 tablespoons water. Sprinkle leeks lightly with salt and pepper and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Cover with foil. Bake in the oven with ham for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining cheese. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes more or until leeks are tender (yield easily when pierced with a fork) and topping is brown.
- To serve, lightly spoon some of the remaining sauce over the ham. Slice ham and serve with remaining sauce and leeks. Garnish with sage leaves. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Leeks are tender when they yield easily when pierced with a fork.
Nutrition Facts (Baked Ham with Mustard-Plum Glaze)
- Per serving:
- 310 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 69 mg chol.,
- 1001 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet