ounces blue cheese cheese, crumbled
3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
cup finely chopped onion
cup peach preserves
tablespoon balsamic vinegar
8 ounce package refrigerated crescent dough
cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
Crumbled blue cheese (optional)
Thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small mixing bowl beat cheeses on medium to high until fluffy.
- In large skillet cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet; cook and stir onion in drippings over medium heat until tender Remove from heat; stir in preserves and vinegar. Set aside.
- Unroll dough (press together seams). Cut in half lengthwise to form two rectangles about 3x10 inches in size. On each rectangle spread half the cheese mixture to within 1/4 inch of one long side. Top cheese with bacon and pecans. Sprinkle basil. Beginning at a long side, roll up each rectangle. Press seams to seal. With a serrated knife cut each roll in 10 slices. Place, cut side down, on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Spoon onion mixture on rolls. Remove from baking sheet. Serve warm. Top with blue cheese and green onions. Makes 20 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts(Bacon-Peach Pinwheels)
- Per serving:
- 124 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 11 mg chol.,
- 221 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet