- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh jalapeno chile pepper*
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 slices turkey bacon or reduced-sodium turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 4 vegetable-flavor flour tortillas or flour tortillas
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
1. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and chile pepper. Stir in lime juice and kosher salt. Set aside.
2. Cook bacon according to package directions. Drain well on paper towels; cut bacon into large pieces.
3. To assemble sandwiches, spread mayonnaise over tortillas; top with spinach. Using a slotted spoon, spoon tomato salsa over spinach. Top with bacon. Roll up tortillas to enclose filling. Cut each tortilla in half.
- Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and water.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 227,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 30,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 27,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 8,
- sodium (mg) 625,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet