Upload your photo here.
Asian-Style Barbecue Ribs
- Trim fat from ribs. Cut ribs into 2- to 3-rib portions. Place ribs in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine jelly, soy sauce, brown sugar, green onion, molasses, ginger, and garlic. Pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer ribs to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- For sauce, strain cooking juices into a small saucepan; skim off fat. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and the cold water; stir into cooking juices. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. If desired, serve ribs and sauce over hot cooked rice.
From the Test Kitchen
For easy cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your ribs are finished cooking, spoon them out of your slow cooker. Once the food is out of your slow cooker liner, simply dispose of the liner. Note: Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Asian-Style Barbecue Ribs)
- Per serving:
- 819 kcal cal.,
- 50 g fat
- (18 g sat. fat,
- 171 mg chol.,
- 1533 mg sodium,
- 57 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet