- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Roast: 25 mins 425°F
- Stand: 10 mins to 5 mins
Pork Tenderloin with Quinoa and Greens
tablespoons curry paste
12 ounces pork tenderloins
14 ounce can chicken broth
tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
cloves garlic, minced
ounces fresh kale, stemmed and torn
cup plain lowfat yogurt (optional)
Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Using your fingers, rub curry paste on all sides of pork. Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast pork for 20 to 30 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of tenderloin registers 145 degrees F. Remove pork from oven. Cover with foil and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan bring 1 can of the broth to boiling over medium-high heat. Add quinoa, olive oil, and garlic; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan bring the remaining 1 can broth and the kale to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until kale is tender, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, transfer kale to a large serving bowl; stir in quinoa.
- Thinly slice pork. Serve with quinoa mixture and, if desired, yogurt. If desired, garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Tenderloin with Quinoa and Greens)
- 296 kcal cal.;
- 8 g Fat, total;
- 74 mg chol.;
- 2 g sat. fat;
- 27 g carb.;
- 3 g fiber;
- 30 g pro.;
- 3 Lean Meat;
- 2 Vegetables;
- 2 Starch;
- 1 Fat;
- 0 Mark as Free Exchange;
- 468 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet