- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat against the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. If using loin roast, cut slices to make 3x1-inch strips. Place meat in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl combine fish sauce, lime juice, lemongrass, oil, and garlic. Pour marinade over meat. Seal bag; turn to coat meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare Satay Sauce. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Drain meat, discarding marinade. Thread meat, accordion-style, onto skewers.*
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grill skewers on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in center, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- If desired, arrange skewers on cucumber and/or carrot strips or coleslaw mix. If desired, garnish sauce with chopped peanuts and/or lime wedges. Serve skewers with Satay Sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes; drain before using.
- In a food processor or blender combine coconut milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, ginger, lime juice, fish sauce, and red pepper. Cover and process or blend until smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Satay)
- Per serving:
- 333 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 66 mg chol.,
- 813 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet