Pork Ribs in Mole Verde
- For mole verde, in a blender or food processor combine undrained tomatillos, diced green chiles, onion, serrano chile pepper, honey, garlic, coriander, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- Divide pork ribs into 2 portions; season with salt and pepper. Place ribs in a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Pour mole verde over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Remove ribs from the slow cooker. Place ribs meaty sides up on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until ribs are lightly browned. Keep warm.
- Skim fat from mole. Transfer mole to a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 18 to 20 minutes or until mole is slightly thickened. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Serve mole with ribs.
From the Test Kitchen
*Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and water.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Ribs in Mole Verde)
- Per serving:
- 459 kcal cal.,
- 30 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 122 mg chol.,
- 933 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet