Pork Empanadas with Jicama Pico de Gallo
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, let thawed dough stand, covered, while preparing filling.
- For filling, in a large bowl combine paprika, coriander, salt, cumin, and cinnamon. Add pork strips; toss to coat. In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork strips; cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until browned and slightly pink in the centers, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove pork from skillet. Add onion to drippings in skillet. Cook about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic. Add pork and tomatoes to skillet; stir to combine. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Divide bread dough into 12 equal portions. On the lightly floured surface, roll each dough portion into a 5-inch circle. Divide filling evenly among dough rounds, spooning filling onto center of dough rounds. Brush edge of each dough round lightly with water; fold dough round in half, pinching edge to seal. If desired, press edge with tines of a fork. Place filled empanadas on the prepared baking sheet. Prick tops with tines of a fork.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until empanadas are golden brown and heated through. Serve warm with Jicama Pico de Gallo.
Jicama Pico de Gallo
- In a small bowl combine jicama, tomatoes, currants, green onion, lemon juice, crushed red pepper, and salt.
Nutrition Facts (Pork Empanadas with Jicama Pico de Gallo)
- Per serving:
- 354 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 52 mg chol.,
- 749 mg sodium,
- 46 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Jane Jameson 693 Days Ago
Made easy by crock pot'