- Yields: 4 (1 chop + 1/3 cup sauce) servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
Pork Chops Pizziola
ounces pork loin rib chops, (about 1/2-inch thick)
tablespoon canola oil
cloves garlic, minced
14 1/2 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
cup dry red wine or low-sodium tomato juice
tablespoon tomato paste
- Trim fat from pork chops. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook the chops in hot oil for 4 to 6 minutes or until evenly browned, turning once. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add garlic and dried oregano (if using) to skillet; cook and stir for 15 seconds. Add undrained tomatoes, red wine, and tomato paste; stir to combine. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Return pork chops to skillet. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Transfer chops to a serving dish. Skim any fat from sauce. Stir fresh oregano (if using) into sauce. If desired, cook sauce, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes more or until desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Makes 4 (1 chop + 1/3 cup sauce) servings
Nutrition Facts (Pork Chops Pizziola)
- Per serving:
- 210 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 58 mg chol.,
- 130 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet