Pomegranate Pavlova with Pistachios and Honey
- Allow egg whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Draw a 9-inch circle on the paper or foil. Invert paper or foil so the circle is on the reverse side.
- Position baking rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. For meringue, in a large mixing bowl beat egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Add 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Beat in 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Sift cornstarch over egg white mixture; fold in gently.
- Spread meringue over circle on paper or foil, building up edges slightly to form a shell. Bake for 1 hour (do not open door). Turn off oven; let meringue stand in oven with door closed for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, for pomegranate syrup, in a small saucepan combine pomegranate juice, honey, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Bring to boiling over medium heat; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup. Transfer syrup to a small bowl; cool.
- In a chilled large mixing bowl beat whipping cream, 1 tablespoon sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla with chilled beaters of the mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Carefully lift meringue off paper or foil and transfer to a serving plate. Spread with the whipped cream. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds; drizzle with the pomegranate syrup. Top with pistachio nuts.
Nutrition Facts (Pomegranate Pavlova with Pistachios and Honey)
- Per serving:
- 280 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 41 mg chol.,
- 54 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 38 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet