Upload your photo here.
Poblanos Stuffed with Black Beans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. For sauce, in a blender or food processor combine tomatoes, half of the chopped onion, the jalapeno, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Pour sauce into a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine black beans, three-fourths of the cheese, the water, cornmeal, the remaining chopped onion, the cumin, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper (mixture may appear wet but will firm up during baking).
- Stuff each poblano half with about 1/2 cup of the bean mixture. Place filled poblanos on top of the sauce in baking dish. Spoon the remaining bean mixture over the poblanos. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle the remaining cheese over all. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. If desired, garnish with cilantro.
From the Test Kitchen
Fresh chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, so avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with fresh chile peppers, wear disposable plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chiles, wash your hands and nails thoroughly with soap and hot water. If you get chile oil in your eyes, flush them with cool water.
Nutrition Facts (Poblanos Stuffed with Black Beans)
- Per serving:
- 312 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 25 mg chol.,
- 1033 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet