Plank-Smoked Peaches and Goat Cheese
- At least 1 hour before grilling, soak plank in enough water to cover. Place a weight on plank so it stays submerged during soaking.
- In a small bowl combine goat cheese, basil, thyme, chives, and pepper. Form the mixture into a mound and coat evenly with oil; set aside.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grease grill rack. Place plank on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat until plank begins to crackle and smoke. Meanwhile, place peaches, cut sides down, on grill rack. Grill about 3 minutes or until grill marks appear. Place peaches on the plank; add goat cheese mound and nuts. Cover; grill for 15 to 20 minutes or until peaches are softened and golden.
- Transfer plank with peaches, goat cheese, and nuts to a serving platter. Cut peaches into wedges. Drizzle goat cheese with honey. Serve with crackers.
From the Test Kitchen
If you like, substitute three plums or three nectarines for the peaches.
Nutrition Facts (Plank-Smoked Peaches and Goat Cheese)
- Per serving:
- 190 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 11 mg chol. ,
- 214 mg sodium ,
- 17 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.
Terry Gray 539 Days Ago
Just did this recipe yesterday, what a hit! I made a few tweaks simply out of ingredient availability: I let the goat cheese soften to room temperature before adding the herbs, much easier to blend. I did have all herbs available in my little herb garden, however fresh dried herbs could also work given some time in the cheese. Next time I'll do the plank part, not something readily handy this time. And we really did not need the crackers or toast. My version ended up with loving the grilled peaches, with the goat cheese and herb mixture covered with olive oil, drizzled with honey. I didn't have nuts after all, but I think I would have liked the candied pecans a lot.