- Makes: 8 servings
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/8 of pizza)
Mediterranean Pepper and Artichoke Pizza
6 ounce package pizza crust mix
teaspoon dried oregano or basil, crushed
cup pizza sauce
6 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
cup roasted red and/or yellow sweet peppers, cut into strips
cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
ounces semisoft goat cheese (chevre), crumbled
Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet; set aside. Prepare pizza crust according to package directions, except stir oregano into dry mix. With floured hands, pat dough into a 15x10-inch rectangle on prepared baking sheet, building up edges slightly (crust will be thin). Bake for 7 minutes.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over crust. Top with artichokes, roasted peppers, and green onion. Top with mozzarella cheese and goat cheese.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes more or until edges of crust are golden brown. If desired, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Mediterranean Pepper and Artichoke Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 170 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 15 mg chol.,
- 419 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet