- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 ounces plain or peppered bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (2)
- 1 12 inch prebaked pizza crust
- 1 8 ounce tubcream cheese spread*
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
1. In a 10-inch skillet cook bacon over medium-low heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels. Drain skillet, reserving about 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Add sweet pepper and green onion to reserved drippings; cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400F. Place pizza crust on a large baking sheet; set aside. In a small bowl beat cream cheese spread with an electric mixer just until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Spread cream cheese mixture over pizza crust. Sprinkle with bacon, sweet pepper, and green onion. Top with ham.
3. Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cream cheese layer is set. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes more or until cheese melts. To serve, use a pizza cutter to cut into wedges. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- If desired, use an herb-flavored cream cheese spread.
- For quicker preparation, used cooked bacon pieces and cook sweet pepper and green onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Prepare as above, except omit bacon. Substitute red sweet pepper for green sweet pepper. Cook sweet pepper and green onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Substitute 1 cup coarsely chopped cooked shrimp, or two 4-ounce cans small shrimp, drained, for the ham. Substitute shredded Mexican-blend cheese for the cheddar cheese. (Or if desired, substitute one 6-ounce can crab meat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed, for the shrimp.)
- Prepare as above, except omit bacon, sweet pepper, and green onion. In a 10-inch skillet cook and stir 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced, in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat until golden. Substitute cooked mushrooms for the ham and add 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped, and 1/2 cup slivered roasted red sweet pepper. Substitute shredded Italian-blend cheese for the cheddar cheese.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 410,
- Fat, total (g) 27,
- chol. (mg) 126,
- sat. fat (g) 13,
- carb. (g) 29,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 16,
- sodium (mg) 635,
- Potassium (mg) 228,
- calcium (mg) 192,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet