- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Bake: 50 mins 375°F
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside. In a medium skillet cook Italian sausage and onion over medium-high heat until sausage is brown, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat.
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly until slightly less than 1/4 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap.
- Place one pounded chicken breast on a clean work surface. Top with 2 slices of the capicola and 1 slice of the sopressata. Place about 1 tablespoon of the Italian sausage mixture in center of chicken breast. Top with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce and two of the basil leaves. Carefully fold in side edges; roll up from bottom edge. Secure with wooden toothpicks. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts and filling ingredients.
- In a shallow dish combine panko, cheese, and Italian seasoning. Drizzle with oil; mix until evenly moistened. Coat chicken rolls with panko mixture, pressing lightly. Place, seam sides down, in prepared baking pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F) and coating is golden. Remove toothpicks.
- If desired, heat additional pizza sauce to pass with chicken. Serve chicken with Green Beans and Yellow Peppers Parmesan.
From the Test Kitchen
Green Beans and Yellow Peppers Parmesan:
Trim 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans. Place beans in a large pot of boiling water; cook for 3 minutes. Remove and plunge into a large bowl of ice water. When beans are cool, drain on clean kitchen towels.
In an extra-large skillet heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add 2 cups chopped yellow sweet peppers, 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium), and 2 cloves garlic, minced; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in green beans, 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil, 1 teaspoon snipped fresh marjoram, and 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves. Simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Transfer to a serving platter. Using a sharp vegetable peeler, shave 4 ounces Parmesan cheese over bean mixture; toss gently.
Nutrition Facts (Pizza-Stuffed Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 627 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 13 g monounsatured fat),
- 166 mg chol.,
- 1440 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 71 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet