- Makes: 5 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Slow Cook: 3 hrs (low) + 45 to 60 minutes (high)
Pizza Stew with Biscuits
ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered or sliced
cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 medium)
cup finely chopped onion (1 small)
teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
teaspoon ground black pepper
cups marinara sauce
pounds uncooked ground turkey breast
cup lowfat pancake and baking mix
cup grated Parmesan cheese
teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
cup fat-free milk
cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 ounces) (optional)
- In a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker combine mushrooms, sweet pepper, onion, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Pour marinara sauce over all. Using a wooden spoon break up ground turkey into bite-sized pieces. Add to cooker, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 hours.
- In a small bowl combine baking mix, Parmesan cheese, and oregano. Add milk; stir with a fork until combined.
- Turn cooker to high-heat setting. Drop dumpling mixture by tablespoons into five mounds onto mixture in cooker, spacing mounds evenly.
- Cover and cook for 45 to 60 minutes more or until a toothpick inserted into the centers of dumplings comes out clean.
- To serve, if desired, sprinkle each serving with mozzarella cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Pizza Stew with Biscuits)
- 323 kcal cal.;
- 7 g Fat, total;
- 62 mg chol.;
- 2 g sat. fat;
- 32 g carb.;
- 2 g Monosaturated fat;
- 2 g Polyunsaturated fat;
- 4 g fiber;
- 13 g sugar;
- 33 g pro.;
- 0 g Trans fatty acid;
- 0 mg Thiamin;
- 0 mg Riboflavin;
- 639 mg Potassium;
- 7 mg Niacin;
- 0 mg Pyridoxine (Vit. B6);
- 875 IU vit. A;
- 3 mg iron;
- 851 mg sodium;
- 22 mg vit. C;
- 0 µg Cobalamin (Vit. B12);
- 202 mg calcium;
- 28 µg Folate
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet