Pizza Stew with Biscuits
- In a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker combine mushrooms, sweet pepper, onion, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Pour marinara sauce over all. Using a wooden spoon break up ground turkey into bite-sized pieces. Add to cooker, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 hours.
- In a small bowl combine baking mix, Parmesan cheese, and oregano. Add milk; stir with a fork until combined.
- Turn cooker to high-heat setting. Drop dumpling mixture by tablespoons into five mounds onto mixture in cooker, spacing mounds evenly.
- Cover and cook for 45 to 60 minutes more or until a toothpick inserted into the centers of dumplings comes out clean.
- To serve, if desired, sprinkle each serving with mozzarella cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Pizza Stew with Biscuits)
- Per serving:
- 323 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 62 mg chol.,
- 851 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 33 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet