Pizza Slab Pie
Mix things up with our Buffalo Chicken and Baked Potato variations of this party-ready pizza casserole.
- Makes: 15 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 7 mins 375°F + 40 minutes
- Freeze: Up to 1 month
Pizza Slab Pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. lightly grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside. Unroll one package of pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a 15x10-inch rectangle. Transfer to the prepared baking pan; press edges of dough up sides of pan. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until light brown.
- For filling, in a medium bowl combine sausage, spinach, pizza sauce, artichoke hearts, olives, and red onion. Spread evenly over crust in pan. Sprinkle with Italian cheese blend. (To serve today, omit Step 3. Continue as directed in Steps 4 and 5, except preheat oven to 400 degrees F and bake, uncovered for 35-40 minutes, covering with foil for the last 5-10 minutes of baking if necessary to prevent overbrowning.)
- Cover with foil and freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, do not thaw pizza. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes, covering with foil for the last 5-10 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- Unroll the remaining package of pizza dough. Cut dough into 10- and 15-inch strips to fit the width and length of the pan; place on top of filling. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes more or until crust is golden and filling is heated through.
From the Test Kitchen
Buffalo Chicken Slab Pizza:
Prepare as directed, except for filling, stir together 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, 3/4 cup bottled buffalo wing sauce, 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (4 ounces), and 1/2 cup sliced green onions (4). Substitute shredded Monterey Jack cheese for the Italian blend cheese. Drizzle with 1/2 cup bottled ranch dressing just before serving.
Per serving: 364 cal., 18 g total fat (7 g sat. fat), 51 mg chol., 975 mg sodium, 30 g carbo., 1 g fiber, 20 g pro.
Baked Potato Slab Pizza:
Prepare as directed, except for filling, stir together one 20-ounce package refrigerated diced potatoes with onions, cooked according to package directions; one 15-ounce jar Alfredo sauce; 8 ounces ground beef, cooked and drained; and 6 strips bacon, cooked crisp, drained, and crumbled. Substitute shredded cheddar cheese for the Italian blend cheese. If desired, top with spoonfuls of sour cream and snipped fresh chives.
Per serving: 394 cal., 18 g total fat (9 g sat. fat), 53 mg chol., 772 mg sodium, 38 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 18 g pro.
Nutrition Facts (Pizza Slab Pie)
- Per serving:
- 301 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 27 mg chol.,
- 620 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet