Pistachio-Honey Cake with Berries and Cream
cup pistachio nuts, ground
teaspoons baking powder
tablespoons orange juice
cup mascarpone cheese, chilled or cream cheese, softened
cup whipping cream, chilled
pint strawberries, halve large berries and slice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9x1 1/2-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cornmeal, ground pistachios, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with mixer on medium to high for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup of the honey; beat 3 minutes, until fluffy. Slowly beat in eggs, one at a time. Add three-fourths of the flour mixture; mix just until combined. Mix in milk and remaining flour just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, just until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cake from pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat remaining 1/4 cup honey and the orange juice, whisking to combine. Poke warm cake with a wooden toothpick. Brush on honey-orange juice until absorbed. Cool cake completely.
- For topping, just before serving, in a medium mixing bowl whip mascarpone on medium to high for 30 seconds. Add cream and 2 Tbsp. honey. Beat just to soft mounds. Spoon topping on cake, drizzle with additional honey, then top with strawberries and chopped pistachios.
Nutrition Facts(Pistachio-Honey Cake with Berries and Cream )
- Per serving:
- 371 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 92 mg chol.,
- 279 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 25 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet