Pistachio-Honey Cake with Berries and Cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9x1 1/2-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cornmeal, ground pistachios, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with mixer on medium to high for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup of the honey; beat 3 minutes, until fluffy. Slowly beat in eggs, one at a time. Add three-fourths of the flour mixture; mix just until combined. Mix in milk and remaining flour just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, just until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cake from pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat remaining 1/4 cup honey and the orange juice, whisking to combine. Poke warm cake with a wooden toothpick. Brush on honey-orange juice until absorbed. Cool cake completely.
- For topping, just before serving, in a medium mixing bowl whip mascarpone on medium to high for 30 seconds. Add cream and 2 Tbsp. honey. Beat just to soft mounds. Spoon topping on cake, drizzle with additional honey, then top with strawberries and chopped pistachios.
Nutrition Facts (Pistachio-Honey Cake with Berries and Cream )
- Per serving:
- 371 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 92 mg chol.,
- 279 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 25 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet