Pistachio Cookie Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl beat butter, cream cheese, and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add flour and orange peel, beating on low speed just until combined.
- For filling, in a small bowl combine egg, powdered sugar, 1/3 cup of the pistachios, and the dried apricots.
- Press a scant 1 tablespoon of the dough onto the bottoms and up the sides of each of the 24 ungreased 1-3/4-inch muffin cups. Spoon filling into pastry-lined cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Top with the remaining pistachios.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is puffed and set. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cookies from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire rack.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Pistachio Cookie Cups)
- Per serving:
- 108 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 22 mg chol.,
- 60 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet