- Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine egg, the 1/2 cup butter, the cocoa powder, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted and mixture just starts to bubble. Remove from heat. Stir in crushed graham crackers and the finely chopped pistachios. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- For filling, in a medium mixing bowl beat the 1/4 cup softened butter, the dry pudding mix, and half-and-half with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. Carefully spread filling over crust in pan. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until firm.
- For topping, in a small saucepan cook and stir chocolate and the 1/4 cup butter over low heat until melted. Spread topping over filling. Sprinkle with the coarsely chopped pistachios. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until firm. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (Pistachio Bars)
- Per serving:
- 207 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 28 mg chol.,
- 154 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 15 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet