Pineapple-Cream Cheese Cake
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
eggs, lightly beaten
20 ounce can crushed pineapple (juice pack), undrained
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, 2 cups sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl combine 2 eggs, pineapple, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add pineapple mixture to flour mixture, beating on low speed until combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Wash beaters. In a medium bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Drop spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture evenly over batter in pan. Use a knife to thoroughly swirl mixtures together. Sprinkle with Coconut Topping.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Tightly cover warm cake in pan and tote in an insulated carrier. After eating, place any leftover cake in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
From the Test Kitchen
Insulated cooler with ice packs (optional)
cup packed brown sugar
cup broken pecans
cup flaked or shredded coconut
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, pecans, and coconut.
Nutrition Facts(Pineapple-Cream Cheese Cake)
- Per serving:
- 489 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 74 mg chol.,
- 249 mg sodium,
- 84 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 62 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet