- Makes: 4 servings
- Yields: 3 stuffed pepper halves each
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
Pimiento Cheese Poppers
cup chopped carrot (1 medium)
tablespoons sliced pickled jalapeno peppers, drained
ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
ounce reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
tablespoons diced pimiento, undrained
teaspoons light mayonnaise
tablespoon snipped fresh chives
teaspoon ground black pepper
teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
miniature sweet peppers
Snipped fresh chives (optional)
- Place carrot in a food processor. Cover and process with several on/off pulses until carrot is finely chopped. Add jalapeno peppers. Cover and process with several on/off pulses until chopped. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- Place cheddar cheese in the food processor. Cover and process with several on/off pulses until finely chopped. Stir cheddar cheese, cream cheese, pimiento, mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon chives, black pepper, and mustard into carrot mixture.
- Cut sweet peppers in half lengthwise, keeping stems intact. Remove and discard seeds. Before serving, spoon about 11/2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture into each pepper half. If desired, sprinkle with additional chives.
Nutrition Facts (Pimiento Cheese Poppers)
- Per serving:
- 138 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 23 mg chol.,
- 317 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet