- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together 1-1/4 cup flour, mace, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough, using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until all the dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. For filling, in a bowl combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, molasses, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in walnut pieces.
- Place the pastry-lined pie plate on the oven rack. Carefully pour the filling into the pastry shell.
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve pie with ice cream. Refrigerate pie within 2 hours; cover for longer storage. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Walnut-Molasses Pie)
- Per serving:
- 448 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 64 mg chol.,
- 180 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet