Triple Mint Ice Cream Dessert
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter and sugar. Stir in crushed chocolate wafers; toss to mix well. Press mixture evenly on the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 8-inch springform pan. Or press evenly onto bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Chill for 1 hour.
- In a large chilled bowl, soften ice cream by using a wooden spoon to stir and press ice cream against the side of the bowl. Stir until soft but not melted. Stir in 1/2 cup of the peppermint sticks and 1/2 cup of the chocolate mint candies. Quickly spoon softened ice cream into the pan or pie plate. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or more.
- Sprinkle top with remaining peppermint sticks and mint candies. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight until firm.
- To serve, remove dessert from freezer. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Makes 10 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed. Transfer to an airtight container; cover. Freeze up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts (Triple Mint Ice Cream Dessert)
- Per serving:
- 393 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 33 mg chol.,
- 175 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet