- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 25)
- 1 quart mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 cup coarsely crushed peppermint sticks or candy canes (about 5 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped layered chocolate-mint candies (about 28)
1. In a medium bowl combine melted butter and sugar. Stir in crushed chocolate wafers; toss to mix well. Press mixture evenly on the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 8-inch springform pan. Or press evenly onto bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Chill for 1 hour.
2. In a large chilled bowl, soften ice cream by using a wooden spoon to stir and press ice cream against the side of the bowl. Stir until soft but not melted. Stir in 1/2 cup of the peppermint sticks and 1/2 cup of the chocolate mint candies. Quickly spoon softened ice cream into the pan or pie plate. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or more.
3. Sprinkle top with remaining peppermint sticks and mint candies. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight until firm.
4. To serve, remove dessert from freezer. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Makes 10 servings.
- Prepare as directed. Transfer to an airtight container; cover. Freeze up to 1 week.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 393,
- Fat, total (g) 19,
- chol. (mg) 33,
- sat. fat (g) 13,
- carb. (g) 51,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 4,
- sodium (mg) 175,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet