Sweet Glazed Cherry Pie
- In a bowl stir together granulated sugar and cornstarch. Add frozen cherries and vanilla. Toss. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or until a syrup forms; stir occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Prepare pastry. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the pastry into a 12-inch circle. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Place 1/2 cup of the almonds in bottom of pastry-lined pie plate. Stir sweet cherry mixture; spoon on top of almonds. Spoon pie filling over sweet cherry mixture; spread evenly.
- Trim bottom pastry to edge of pie plate. For top crust, roll remaining pastry into a 12-inch circle. Cut slits in top crust. Place on filling; trim 1/2 inch beyond edge of plate. Fold top pastry under bottom pastry; seal. Flute edge; cover edge with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 30 minutes more or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Stir together powdered sugar and enough milk to make of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over pie. Sprinkle remaining almonds on top of pie. Cool completely. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Glazed Cherry Pie)
- Per serving:
- 524 kcal cal.,
- 24 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 148 mg sodium,
- 72 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Laura Foerster 1538 Days Ago
Love this recipe! Would like to try it with macrona almonds if I can find them. I think for me, the only way this pie could be improved is with a great homemade crust; I use the premade ones and I think the crust is a bit dense.