Sweet Basil Peaches
medium peaches or nectarines
cup sweet white wine, such as Gewurztraminer or Riesling or apple juice
cup fresh basil leaves
tablespoons sugar (optional)
Snipped and/or whole fresh basil leaves
- Remove pits from 2 unpeeled peaches; chop. Set remaining whole peaches aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chopped peaches, wine, 1/3 cup basil, and sugar, if necessary, to sweeten. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Remove and discard the basil. Pour peach mixture into a blender or food processor; cover and blend or process until smooth.
- Remove pits from remaining peaches and cut into wedges. Serve with peach sauce and additional basil.
Nutrition Facts(Sweet Basil Peaches)
- Per serving:
- 73 kcal cal.,
- 13 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet