Summer Peach Pie Twisters
ounce rolled refrigerated unbaked piecrust (2 crusts)
medium peaches, pitted and chopped, or one 16-oz. pkg. frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed and chopped
cup tiny marshmallows
teaspoon cinnamon sugar or chili powder
tablespoon cinnamon sugar or 1 Tbsp. sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp. chili powder
Vanilla ice Cream (optional)
- Let piecrusts stand at room temperature according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or foil; lightly grease the foil if using. Set aside.
- In medium bowl combine peaches, marshmallows, and the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar or chili powder.
- Unroll one piecrust. Cut crust into 6 wedges. Spoon a scant 1/4 cup of the peach mixture along one long side of each wedge, 1/2 inch from edge of crust. Brush edge of long sides of crust with a little water. Fold crust over filling. Using the tines of a fork, press long sides together to seal. Fold the top edge of the crust back to expose some of the filling. Repeat with remaining wedges and filling.
- Place pies on prepared baking sheets. Prick top crusts of pies two or three times with a fork. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar or chili powder-sugar mixture. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until filling is bubbly and pastry is golden brown. Cool pies on pans slightly to serve warm, or cool completely.
- Serve standing upright in paper cups or in glasses with a scoop of ice cream. Makes 12 twisters.
From the Test Kitchen
Store Twisters in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 24 hours. To Reheat: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place twisters on baking sheet and heat, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until warm.
Nutrition Facts(Summer Peach Pie Twisters)
- Per serving:
- 188 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 3 mg chol.,
- 148 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet