Strawberry Truffle Pie
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 12-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin; unroll into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Prick bottom and side of pastry with a fork. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes more or until pastry is golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan combine chocolate and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Add cream cheese and liqueur. Cook and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in the 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Spread chocolate mixture in bottom of baked pastry shell. Arrange strawberries, stemmed ends down, on chocolate layer. Brush berries with melted jelly. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Makes 8 servings.
Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
- In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat with additional cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time (4 to 5 tablespoons total), until all of the flour mixture is moistened. Shape into a ball.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry Truffle Pie)
- Per serving:
- 467 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 56 mg chol.,
- 182 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 26 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Lou Varner 1313 Days Ago
and yet another one that needs baking time :-(