Strawberry Sweetheart Tart
17 1/4 ounce package frozen puff pastry, thawed (1 sheet)
cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
3 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
tablespoons amaretto or orange juice
cup whipping cream
cups sliced strawberries
cup currant jelly, melted
- On a lightly floured surface roll pastry sheet to a 12-inch square. Cut out an 11-inch heart. Transfer heart to an ungreased baking sheet. Cut excess pastry into 3/4-inch-wide strips. In a small cup, beat egg and water. Brush egg mixture in a 3/4-inch border around top of heart. Twist pastry strips and arrange around top edge of heart to make a border, brushing ends with egg mixture and overlapping strips slightly. Brush pastry with egg mixture. Prick center of pastry with a fork. Sprinkle pastry with almonds and the 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until pastry is browned, pricking bottom once with fork if necessary to make it puff evenly. Let tart cool on baking sheet on a wire rack.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese and the 3 tablespoons sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until fluffy. Add amaretto or orange juice and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined; set aside. In a chilled mixing bowl beat whipping cream with chilled beaters of an electric mixer or medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon filling into cooled pastry shell and spread evenly.
- Arrange sliced strawberries over filling, overlapping to cover filling completely. Brush with melted jelly. Cover; chill in the refrigerator up to 2 hours before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Strawberry Sweetheart Tart)
- Per serving:
- 505 kcal cal.,
- 35 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 94 mg chol.,
- 259 mg sodium,
- 42 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet