- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat, using 1 tablespoon of the remaining water at a time, until all dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface flatten the ball of dough with hands. Roll dough from center to the edges forming a circle about 13 inches in diameter. Ease pastry into an 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom, being careful not to stretch the pastry. Trim even with edge of pan. Prick pastry generously with the tines of a fork. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a medium mixing bowl combine reduced-fat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon orange peel, and 1 tablespoon orange juice. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Spread cheese filling in baked tart shell.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan combine 2/3 cup orange juice, 1 tablespoon sugar, and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Cool thoroughly.
- Arrange orange sections and strawberry halves atop cheese filling. Spoon orange glaze over all. Sprinkle with thin strips of orange peel and lime peel, if desired. Cover and chill 6 hours or until serving time. Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry-Orange Tart)
- Per serving:
- 206 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 18 mg chol.,
- 149 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet