- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. For crust, generously grease the bottom of an 11x8x1-1/2-inch rectangular tart pan with a removable bottom or an 11- to 12-inch pizza pan; lightly grease sides. Set aside half of dough. With floured hands, pat remaining dough onto bottom and up sides of pan.
- For cookies, on a lightly floured surface roll out remaining dough to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thickness. Using small star cutters, cut into shapes. Place cutouts on an ungreased baking sheet. Reroll trimmings and recut. Sprinkle half with coarse sugar.
- Bake crust and cookies until golden, allowing 4 to 5 minutes for small cookies, and 12 minutes for crust. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a mixing bowl combine condensed milk, sour cream, lemon or lime peel, and juice. Stir about 3 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Cover and chill until ready to assemble tart.
- To assemble, loosen and remove sides of pan from crust, if desired. Transfer crust to a platter, leaving bottom of pan under crust. Before serving, spread filling onto crust. Top with berries and cookies. Cut into squares. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Star-Spangled Tart)
- Per serving:
- 325 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 27 mg chol.,
- 213 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet