Spring Asparagus Quiche
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan cook the asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the grated Parmesan and basil. Sprinkle a work surface with half of the mixture. Roll out pizza dough on the surface to a 12-inch square. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan mixture. Using a rolling pin, gently press into dough by rolling over top.
- Turn dough into prepared pan. Press dough up the sides of the pan, folding under edges as needed to form sides that are 2 inches high. Line dough in pan with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 minutes more. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside. Cook onion in reserved drippings over medium heat until tender but not brown; drain.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together eggs, milk, salt, and nutmeg. Stir in crumbled bacon and onion. Toss together Swiss cheese and flour. Add to egg mixture; mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into the dough-lined pan. Toss asparagus halves with the oil. Arrange asparagus in a spokeline pattern on top of egg mixture. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan to serve. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Spring Asparagus Quiche)
- Per serving:
- 386 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 214 mg chol.,
- 649 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet