- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 2/3 cups eggnog
- 1/4 cup chai creme liqueur*
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Grated whole nutmeg
- Creme-filled pirouette cookies (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl, combine crushed vanilla wafers and melted butter. Press onto the bottom and up the side of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine eggs, eggnog, chai creme liqueur, sugar, vanilla, the ground nutmeg, and the salt.
3. When the crust is done baking, open the oven door and carefully pour eggnog mixture into crust. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
4. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill for 1 to 24 hours before serving. Sprinkle pie generously with grated nutmeg and if desired, serve with pirouette cookies. Makes 8 servings.
- If you can't find chai creme liqueur, substitute 2 tablespoons eggnog and 2 tablespoons spiced rum.