Soda Fountain Ice Cream Pie
- For crust, in a medium bowl combine crushed cones and sugar. Drizzle with melted butter; toss gently to coat. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of an 8- or 9-inch springform pan. Cover and freeze about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, place 3 cups strawberries in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
- In a chilled large bowl stir ice cream with a wooden spoon until softened. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pureed strawberries and the malted milk powder. Spoon half of the mixture over crust, spreading evenly. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes. (Cover and freeze the remaining ice cream mixture.)
- Spoon the remaining pureed strawberries over ice cream layer. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes more. Stir the remaining ice cream mixture to soften. Spoon over strawberry layer, spreading evenly. Top with 1/2 cup chopped strawberries. Cover and freeze about 8 hours or until firm.
- Let pie stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Cut pie into wedges. If desired, top with whipped cream, chopped malted milk balls, and additional strawberries. If desired, serve with hot fudge topping.
- In a chilled medium mixing bowl beat 1 cup whipping cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Nutrition Facts (Soda Fountain Ice Cream Pie)
- Per serving:
- 308 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 52 mg chol.,
- 178 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 25 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet