- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 cups crushed rolled sugar ice cream cones (one 5-ounce package or 12 cones)
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1 1/2 cups hot fudge ice cream topping
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- Whole strawberries (optional)
1. In a small bowl combine crushed cones, margarine or butter, and sugar. Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan or into a 10-inch pie plate; set aside.
2. Place 3 cups of the strawberries in a blender container. Cover; blend until smooth (should have 1-1/2 cups puree). Chop remaining 1/2 cup strawberries; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl stir together strawberry puree, ice cream, chopped strawberries, and malted milk powder. Pour into prepared crust. Cover; freeze 8 hours or until firm. Spread fudge topping over pie; freeze at least 2 hours more.
4. To serve, let pie stand at room temperature 30 minutes before cutting into wedges. If desired, top each serving with whipped cream, sliced almonds, and additional whole strawberries. Makes 10 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 417,
- Fat, total (g) 21,
- chol. (mg) 25,
- carb. (g) 54,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 6,
- sodium (mg) 260,
- calcium (mg) 162,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet