Shimmering Strawberry Pie
- Prepare Oil Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. Prick bottom and sides of pastry generously with the tines of a fork. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a blender container or food processor bowl combine 1 cup of the strawberries and the water. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan stir together sugar and cornstarch; stir in berry mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. If desired, stir in enough red food coloring to tint a rich red color. Cool to room temperature.
- Fold remaining strawberries into cooled mixture; transfer mixture to pastry shell. Cover; chill for 3 to 4 hours. If desired, serve with whipped topping. Makes 8 servings.
Oil Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt. Add cooking oil and milk all at once to flour mixture. Stir lightly with a fork. Form into a ball.
Nutrition Facts (Shimmering Strawberry Pie)
- Per serving:
- 182 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 79 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet