If you like, serve this two-layer holiday dessert with fat-free whipped topping.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Bake: 43 mins to 48 mins 450°F /375 degrees F
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Prepare Oil Pastry. On a well-floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Ease pastry into pan, being careful not to stretch pastry. Press edge of pastry against edge of pan. Trim edges. Do not prick shell. Line pastry with a double thickness of heavy foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 5 minutes more. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degree F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, egg yolk, and honey; beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Stir in chopped almonds and raisins; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, whole egg, egg white, and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- Carefully spoon cream cheese mixture into hot baked pastry shell; spread evenly. Pour pumpkin mixture over cream cheese layer; spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, remove side of pan; carefully lift tart from pan bottom with a large spatula and slide onto a serving platter. If desired, garnish with sliced almonds. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
< Choose from Splenda Granular, Equal Spoonful or packets, or Sweet 'N Low bulk or packets. Follow the package directions to use the product amount equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Add oil and milk all at once to flour mixture. Stir lightly with a fork until combined (dough will appear crumbly). Use your hands to gently work dough into a ball.
Nutrition Facts (Raisin-Pumpkin Tart)
- Per serving:
- 229 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 49 mg chol.,
- 151 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet