- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 recipe Oil Pastry (see recipe below)
- 1 8 ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped golden raisins
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 5 ounce can (2/3 cup) evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Prepare Oil Pastry. On a well-floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Ease pastry into pan, being careful not to stretch pastry. Press edge of pastry against edge of pan. Trim edges. Do not prick shell. Line pastry with a double thickness of heavy foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 5 minutes more. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degree F.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, egg yolk, and honey; beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Stir in chopped almonds and raisins; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, whole egg, egg white, and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
3. Carefully spoon cream cheese mixture into hot baked pastry shell; spread evenly. Pour pumpkin mixture over cream cheese layer; spread evenly.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
5. To serve, remove side of pan; carefully lift tart from pan bottom with a large spatula and slide onto a serving platter. If desired, garnish with sliced almonds. Makes 12 servings.
- < Choose from Splenda Granular, Equal Spoonful or packets, or Sweet 'N Low bulk or packets. Follow the package directions to use the product amount equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Add oil and milk all at once to flour mixture. Stir lightly with a fork until combined (dough will appear crumbly). Use your hands to gently work dough into a ball.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 229,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 49,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 23,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 6,
- sodium (mg) 151,
- Starch () 1,
- Other Carb () 1,
- Medium-Fat Meat () 1,
- Fat () 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet